You may want to mark an email or chat message as unread so that you can come back to it later.
Marking messages as unread
1. Using the 'Mark as Unread' icon
The 'Mark as Unread' icon appears at the top of emails. The icon looks like a closed envelope and can be seen at the top of the right-hand pane above an email you are viewing.
Clicking on the icon will mark the email as unread.
2. Using the grey/blue bar
In the email or message list, there will be a light grey or blue bar on the left-hand side where the title of the message appears. This allows you to see at a glance which ones have been read and which ones have not yet been opened.
If an email or chat message is unread there will be a blue bar that appears on the left-hand side of the message in the email list.
If an email or chat message has been opened and read there will no longer be a blue bar, instead there is a light grey bar.
Marking multiple emails as unread
You may want to mark more than one email at a time as unread.
To select multiple emails:
- Hover your mouse over the first email in the email list that you want to select.
- Click on the square box which appears beside the email title.
- In the right hand pane you will see that it says '1 conversation selected'. Continue selecting all the emails that you want.
- When you have all the emails selected click on 'Mark as unread' in the right-hand pane